According to Wikipedia automation is the use of machines, control systems and information technologies to optimize productivity in the production of goods and delivery of services.
As a blogger there’re so many tasks you have to take on and numerous hats that you have to wear. Having a business background has always driven me to find ways to automate. You might be asking automate? Isn’t that a bad thing for blogs?
I’m not talking about automating your blogging or blog posts. I’m talking about making your life easier by automating some of the extra tasks that you take on as a blogger. With automation you simply want to get rid of the mundane, tedious, and time-consuming tasks by automating them. As a blogger you certainly know that traffic is a huge part of running a successful blog. On top of that you should be well aware that social media marketing should be a large part of your traffic generation ideas.
Automation seems to be a touchy subject among bloggers because a huge part of blogging and social media is being social, interacting, and establishing relationships. A lot of bloggers fear that automation will make you lose touch of those important aspects of blogging and social media. I actually stand on the same side of that argument. That is why it is necessary to find the right things to automate to save time.
So what are some of the tasks that you should consider automating?
Social Media Automation ideas
1. Finding like-minded individuals on the social media platforms – All social media platforms have some form of friends, followers, circles, etc. You can use tools to search keywords and users on social media platforms to find like minded people in your niche. Some tools even allow you to extract user IDs or usernames that you can then follow yourself to get more friends or followers.
I personally use Tweet Adder for Social Media Automation. You can read my full review here: Tweet Adder Review
2. Sharing your content to the various social media platforms – After writing a blog post the last thing that I want to do is go to all the social media sites and link to my content. When I finish a new post I want my work to be done. This is one of my favorite tasks to automate.
3. Sending out promotional campaigns – Preparing for a product launch can be a lot of work. One of the ways to get your audience anxious and excited about your product launch is by sending out a series of social media updates about the upcoming release. These campaigns create curiosity and excitement this from your audience which leads to more sales. Unfortunately, manually sending out these updates to your social media accounts can be time-consuming and monotonous. Automate it!
4. Thank you messages – What better way to interact with a new follower of yours then with a thank you messages. Unfortunately, or not so unfortunately, with a large following that grows every day sending a thank you message to every user that begins following you can be a lot of work and hard to keep track of. I certainly recommend that you automate it and not leave it out of your day to day social media marketing strategy.
5. Other Messages – Sometimes you need to push out a promotion to your following via messages. Instead of doing this manually automate to save time.
6. Daily tips – Impress and help your followers by sending out daily tips. This will keep your social media profiles active while also helping your following. This will help you gain authority and be noticed.
What kind of tasks are your automating to make your life easier? Are you using social media automation?